Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Battlestar Galactica


Season three concluded Sunday night, and what a finale it was! I don't watch much television - some news, the Daily Show and Colbert Report on occasion, Bill Maher on Friday nights, Angel games during the baseball season - but three long-running shows have hooked me in recent years: The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and Battlestar Galactica. Battlestar is a remake of a mediocre series of the same name from the 1970s, with vastly more interesting characters and complex, nuanced takes on current issues.

It's also downright fun. This is a future (or past?) of warp-speed space travel and dazzling high-tech war rooms, but not cordless phones; radios and pop-up toasters are right out of the 1950s, and people still smoke cigarettes in the workplace. And now we have "All Along the Watchtower" (what's with that?!?). Unfortunately, we have to wait until January 2008 to find out what happens next.

2 comments:

Burt the First said...

Because the show is on cable, it tends to get away with frakkin' murder in it's dialogue. I have been hooked on it for some time. I just wish I could understand what they (the actors) are saying half of the time. I usually get the gist of the scenes, but I bet it'd be even more involving if we could understand them.

Kent Kanouse said...

I don't have that wdfvsddfs. In fact, I sdfsf frakkin' knoijdsf.